AJ posted this article about the top 10 places to get s&f by nypd with jh/e elmhurst @ 3rd…
1. 75th Precinct, East New York Brooklyn, 31,100
2. 73rd Precinct, Brownsville Brooklyn, 25,167
3. 115th Precinct, East Elmhurst/Jackson Heights Queens, 18,156
4. 40th Precinct, South Bronx, 17,690
5. 90th Precinct, Williamsburg, 17,566
6. 23rd Precinct, East Harlem, 17,498
7. 43rd Precinct, Southeast Bronx, 17,281
8. 103rd Precinct, Jamaica Queens, 17,152
9. 44th Precinct, Bronx, 16,903
10. 120th Precinct, Staten Island, 16,490
The NYCLU has analyzed the locations of the 684,330 people who were stopped and frisked by the NYPD last year and has determined the top 10 neighborhoods where the tactic was used the most. Precincts in East New York and Brownsville came in first and second on the list, with 31,100 and 25,167 people stopped respectively. The only Precinct in Manhattan that made the list was the 23rd in Harlem. “My community doesn’t have one of the highest rates of crime,” Councilmember Melissa Mark-Viverito told the Daily News. That’s strange, considering the NYPD only targets high-crime areas and would never, ever racially profile.
The city likes to cite the falling murder rate as rationalization for the staggering number of stop-and-frisks, but as Councilmember Jumaane Williams points out, that far from demonstrates causation. But if you don’t like these statistics, think of a better idea to alleviate violence than gun buybacks because Ray Kelly is going to puke if he hears that one more time.